You can exchange confidential information via eMail with Partners Bank of California using Secure eMail.
How It Works
Partners Bank of California has partnered with Cisco Iron Port Registered Envelope Service (RES) for superior email privacy.
To Receive Mail: When we send you email that contains confidential information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, financial statements or transaction details, the message is encrypted and sent via Cisco’s Registered Envelope Service for you to retrieve. Retrieving email is simple.
- When we send secure email, you will receive an email with instructions and an attachment called “securedoc.html”. Double click on the attachment.
- First time users will need to register upon receipt. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the initial email for new registration procedures.
- After registering, users will be presented a login page requesting your password. Enter your password and open the secure message.
To Send Mail: You can respond to the email sent by the bank and even attach documents. There is a 10Mb limit to send information or documents back to the bank.
Registered users can initiate secure emails anytime by going to https://res.cisco.com and logging in with your credentials.
To register from this website:
- Enter your email address in the New User Registration box on the left hand-side of this page.
- Click on the Register Now button.
- You will receive a secure email from firstname.lastname@example.org with step-by-step registration instructions.
- After you register, you will receive an email from “CRES Do Not Reply” with the subject line: “Please activate with CRES.” (If you do not see an account activation email, check your junk email folder.)
- Open the email from “CRES Do Not Reply” and click on “Activate My Account.”
- You have now successfully registered and activated your account.
- Click on the Log on to Secure eMail button in the upper left hand side of this page.